- 8 Boneless Chicken Breast Halves8
- 16 Slices Margherita® Capicola16 Slices
- 16 Slices Fontina Cheese16 Slices
- 4 Portobello Mushrooms, Sliced4
- 8 Toothpicks (Use To Hold Chicken Cutlets Together)8
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (Use To Dredge Chicken)1 Cup
- 1/2 Cup Oil (Frying)1/2 Cup
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter1 Tbsp.
- 1/4 Cup White Wine1/4 Cup
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth1 Cup
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley2 Tbsp.
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
Butterfly the chicken breast so you are creating a pocket.
Place 2 slices of capicola, fontina cheese and 2 slices of portobello mushrooms. Fasten with a toothpick. Roll in all purpose floor.
Place oil in a large sauté pan and heat on medium to high. Sear the flour coated chicken breasts until they become browned on all sides.
Set the browned chicken breasts in a Dutch Oven or roasting pan, add butter, white wine, chicken stock, parsley, salt and pepper.
Bake for 7 minutes at 425°F, baste and cook for additional 7 minutes. Serve in center of plate, drizzle pan juices and garnish with parsley.