- 1/4 Cup Roasted Cloves Of Garlic1/4 Cup
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil2 Tbsp.
- 1 Pound Dry Orecchiette Pasta (2 Cups) (Penne Pasta Can Be Substituted)1 Pound
- 1/4 Pound Margherita® Genoa Salami, Sliced Thin, Julienne Style1/4 Pound
- 2 or 3 Sweet Bell Peppers, Roasted, Skinned, Cored And Cut Into Strips (Store Bought Can Be Substituted)2 or 3
- 1 Cup (8 Ounces) Baby Spinach, Raw1 Cup
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Pine Nuts (Optional)1/4 Cup
- 2 to 3 Fresh Basil Leaves, Julienned2 to 3
- 1/4 Cup Pecorino Romano Cheese, Fresh Grated1/4 Cup
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper To Taste
In a small pot place 1/4 cup whole peeled garlic cloves. Cover with extra virgin olive oil and cook on low heat until garlic becomes soft and cooked through. Set aside to cool, retain olive oil.
Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil and cook orecchiette pasta until al dente. Reserve approximately 1/4 cup of the pasta water to add to the end of step 3. Drain pasta and cool in cold water, then set aside.
In a large sauté pan, heat garlic oil from roasted garlic. Add Margherita® Genoa salami and brown slightly. Add peppers, spinach, roasted garlic, and half of the toasted pine nuts and continue to cook until spinach is wilted. Add cooked pasta and reserved pasta water, fresh basil and toss, continue to sauté until pasta is hot and ready to serve.
Place pasta on plates or serving bowl, sprinkle with grated Romano cheese, black pepper and top with remaining pine nuts.