- 2 Tbsp. Butter, Softened Or 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil2 Tbsp.
- 4 Large Slices Sourdough Bread4
- 4 Slices Provolone Or Smoked Provolone Cheese4 Slices
- 4 Ounces Sliced Margherita® Hard Or Genoa Salami4 Ounces
- 1 Tbsp. Coarse Grained Or Dijon Mustard1 Tbsp.
- 2 (1/4 Inch) Slices Large Tomato2
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Basil (Optional)2 Tbsp.
Spread butter or brush olive oil over one side of each slice bread. Turn two slices bread over; top with 2 slices cheese, the salami, mustard, tomato slices, basil if desired and remaining 2 slices cheese. Close sandwiches with remaining bread buttered sides up.
Cook sandwiches in a preheated Panini maker or well oiled waffle maker for 3 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.* (*Or, cook in a nonstick skillet over medium heat 3 minutes per side.)