- 1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar1/2 Cup
- 3 Cups Water3 Cups
- 2 Tbsp. Sea Salt2 Tbsp.
- 7 Ounces Fresh Mozzarella Curd7 Ounces
- 10-12 Leaves Fresh Basil (Chopped)10-12 Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Margherita® Pepperoni (Julienned)1/4 Cup
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Red Pepper (Chopped)1/2 Cup
Simmer balsamic vinegar until reduced to syrup consistency. Chill.
Heat water and sea salt in medium sauce pan. In medium mixing bowl, break up cheese curd. Just before boil, approximately 185°F, add water and salt to cheese curd. Let stand for 15-20 minutes. Knead cheese mixture by pressing together. Take cheese out of bowl, place on large piece of saran wrap, then flatten into a 1/4 sheet.
Cut basil, pepperoni and red pepper. Spread basil, pepperoni and red pepper over the top and roll cheese removing saran wrap as you roll. Refrigerate approximately 1 hour (or longer).
Cut into 1-inch slices. Garnish with a balsamic reduction and fresh basil.